In the last few weeks, I have come to understand (read: digest) a few things we come to face in life:
1. It’s very easy to become a national figure in such a way that everyone gets to know you by name. All you have to do is, go to a pub and hit people – especially women – around.
2. It is ok if you consider the biggest corporate scam in recent times, a vehicle for the forthcoming elections. Once you get the votes from the employees, you can stop distributing the notes (read: salary).
3. It needs a western director to take an Indian story to Golden Globe, BAFTA and the Oscars.
4. It’s surprising that the lyricist in Gulzar can pen down lyrics of extreme variety when it comes to filmi songs…ranging from Oscar nominated ones (Jai ho) to the crappy Billu Barber ones.
5. It’s not easy to be an IT guy from native AP and work in the US. You can debugged from the code of life, for no concrete reasons whatsoever.
6. Hold on to what you have instead of going for something you wish to have. For instance, spend quality time and be nice to your friends instead of bootlicking your bosses all the time for a fast track growth.
7. Cost cutting makes one wise when it comes to expenditure. It helps you recognize and differentiate needs from the desires.
8. Variety in life helps. One, you never get bored. Two, you bore none. 😀
9. It’s a buyers market now. So do make wise but affordable investments. Do not prefer to the take the path of credit nor build great debts.