Life’s been tough…some random rants on a boring sunday late evening!
1. MJ was buried without his brains…as a tribute, the journos decided not to use their brains too and were seen smiling/laughing/very-excited at his funeral! hmmph!
2. The last few weeks have been very disturbing…with friends and colleagues losing out on their jobs…Things look somewhat better now…has to get better, Amen! 🙂
3. The budget was cranky…nothing for the mortals like me…a saving of one grand could very well go if the erased FBT has to be borne by us, the employees! Sigh!
4. Had been home to Bangalore last weekend…got drenched in the Saturday noon showers…first time this year!! Yay!!! 🙂
5. Things haven’t changed much regarding my train travels…I happened to travel to-n-fro with a bunch of retired strangers. The only problem with travelling in the same compartment as them is that they switch-on the lights and switch-off the fan minimum 2 hours in advance to reaching the destination.
6 The only thing exciting about mondays…is that there are just 4 more days to go, for the weekend! 😉
7. The girls-next-door took our newspaper one morning. So we suspected. Investigations are being carried out. But am not able to decide: Shall I knock their door or ring the door-bell? 😛
8. That Shoba De writes very well, is common knowledge…I especially like her articles when it’s in regards with man-woman relationships and sarcastic humor. She did a slap-stick about Shiney Ahuja’s next movie “Maid in India” in Sunday Times column – “Politically Incorrect”! 😀
9. Instead of being happy and satisfied at winning the T20 World Cup this year, Pakistan still has to point fingers at India. Shahid Afridi has said that India didn’t seem like they wanted to play Pakistan. He was right, cos we just wanted to win. (We won the warm up tie…and didnt get to face them again)!! Hmmph!
10. The serial-kisser, Emraan Hashmi seems to have stopped doing the act on 72mm…but “Kissing On-screen” is the latest technique of promoting an Indian movie. In a country like India, where population crisis was never an issue – this seems to be ironic…but this strategy is definitely working awesome. 😀
11. Talking about political power misuse…the latest one is Mayawati who is setting up “Maya Nagari” spending thousands of crores of tax-payers money in the name of caste-politics. She happened to inaugrate 25 statues (of Late Kanshiram and herself) in 2 hours flat last week. I wish we were crows and pigeons, atleast we could take give them their dues! Hmmph!
12. This number adds to 3…my lucky number…I was born on the 21st…and the year after this is 2010…what’s in store for me? 😛
13. With the article 377 being set straight (what an irony), there were celebrations on the streets of Chennai and Bangalore…Will we get to see demands “for quota” and “for minority status” in the near future…I’ve nothing against, just stating the trend…
14. What has the world come to? Forget humans, even cartoons are not being spared. Intially there was hue and cry over Tintin’s homosexuality…and now it’s about Archie choosing Veronica over Betty! Atleast Archie chose a woman! The world isn’t happy over anything! Sigh!
15. My watchman wanted to secretly apply as a participant for Rakhi’s Swayamvar drama on Television…while his wife wanted her grandson to give a shot at making Rakhi her bahu. 😆