This post is a result of having had a steady look at the different kinds of bloggers at my corporate blogosphere. I sincerely don’t mean to hurt the sentiments of (emotional) bloggers over here, nor it is an attempt to make mockery of any individual in particular. If you relate to any particular type and don’t mind letting me know, then do feel free to use the comment section here.
So what are the different kinds of bloggers we have around?
1. Prolific Bloggers – These are the kind…who no matter what the situation they are in, whatever place they are located in…do find time to do a post…almost daily…They may stick to a particular genre of writing or write on any general topic.
2. A-prolific Bloggers – These are the opposite of the above kind. Its a big deal, if they post once in a month or quarter. But the topics they post are very meaningful – either relating to something they want to share or provide some solution – mostly based on their own experiences.
3. Frequency Bloggers – These are the kind…who stick to a particular frequency…usually on a weekly basis or else on monthly basis…say, they post 3 posts a week – then they stick to it. Genre, usually varies…
4. Random Bloggers – These I would say are opposite to frequency bloggers. They don’t have any pattern as such, but then on an average they publish almost as many posts, a month as frenquency bloggers do.
5. Poetic Bloggers – As the name goes, this kind posts only poetry on their blogs.
6. To-be-Fed Bloggers – These are one of the kinds…they find it tough to come up with topics, to write on. But then give them a topic and they are the happiest people who oblige to write.
7. Participative Bloggers – Host a carnival or tag them to a meme, they would surely participate. A majority of these, fall under the to-be-fed bloggers!!
8. Emotional Bloggers – They can also be called the cribbing bloggers. A mosquito bites them, they post on it. Mostly negative, but then absolute truth.
9. Bakwaas Bloggers – These are happy kinds, who write on and about anything and everything. They just need a reason to write and don’t even need a topic, sometimes. But when they write on topics, it could vary from serious to senseless. They try to experiment with various shades of emotions. Also they put in pictures in their post, sometimes having no relation at all with the contents of the post (like in this one 😉 ). 😀
10. Editing Bloggers – These are bloggers who edit their published blogs over and over again. Usually they publish a raw draft and then edit the published version based on their own judgement or (mostly) when pointed out by their commentors.
11. Photography Bloggers – As the name goes, they post only photographs. These are of three types:
a) Click Photography Bloggers – They just post all the photos that they have clicked. Not a word said, in the post as if they really believe in their picture conveying a thousand words.
b) Expressive Photography Bloggers – These kind of photo bloggers, explain the photos posted…be it their technicalities like exposure, saturation, etc or the places where they were shot at or some random oneliners…some creative ones even weave poetry around their pictures.
c) Contest Photography Bloggers – These kind not just post their clicked pics but they even conduct contests based on them.
12. Host Bloggers – These love to play host. Be it organizing a carnival or contest. Some do it periodically and some do it frequently, mostly as a series.
13. Guest Bloggers – These love to post anonymously. If they feel they cannot post a topic on their own, they request/convince a blogger friend of theirs to post it on their behalf anonymously as a guest post. Some do it for the thrill of anonymosity as well. 😉
14. Group Bloggers – These are bloggers who like to write, but are shy types. They need peer bloggers who will support them as well as push them to publish. They usually are a part of group blogs and don’t open a blog personally.
15. Art Bloggers – These bloggers publish cartoons, caricatures, sketches, paintings or any form of their physical (or online) art work in digital format. They are usually, the silent types…in their comments.
16. Romantic Bloggers – These kinds can write only about love and romance, sometimes moving into the area of lust. They write both stories and poetry…but on the whole are imaginative and seldom write on self experience.
17. Newspaper Bloggers – These are the kinds who will write about all thats happening around them. In their blog, you get to read about whats happening around them, just like you get to know about the world in a newspaper.
18. Series Bloggers – These kinds, mostly publish posts in a series format. Be it stories or poems or experiences – they do it series – short, long and never ending.
Note: I remember having seen someone write a tele-serial kind of series, which was in its 40th+ episode.
19. Optimistic Bloggers – These kinds will never give up, no matter the ground beneath them collapses. Even with a bad rating in their latest appraisal cycle, they manage to review and appreciate even a below average movie or book. (cos they realize the feeling of being badly appraised? 😛 )
20. Apologetic Bloggers – These are lazy bloggers, who post once in a blue moon. They always start off with a one liner (like a Mahurat shot in movie making) where they profusely apologize to their readers/commentors/followers. The stress on apology is directly proportional to their longevity of absence. 😛
21. Sarcastic Bloggers – These are a combination of emotional and optimistic bloggers. Emotions don’t give them the freedom to write optimistically and optimism doesn’t allow them to openly crib. They basically experience emotional cocktails but then for the readers, they are an absolute source of humor and entertainment.
I can think of only this many as of now. Though there are the arrogant bloggers, dreamy bloggers and so on, I feel they fall under some of the above classifications. If you know any other kind, pls feel free to add. 😀