This was a post I wrote my internal blogospherre where it is currently running as a MEME where we are supposed to talk about the OCDs we all carry around with us (naturally) ever since we landed to scare the hell out of this land of sanity! 😀
Ok, so to start with – What is an OCD? (*let me go…copy paste the definition from Raji’s post* 😛 )
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions) – (wiki)
Sounds scary? Then you would be afraid of me and yourself too! 😛
Yes, we all got some crazy genes which act weird all the while. Let’s see what I’ve got:
1. Dusted Anger: I’m not a cleanliness freak/fanatic. But then, while at home I get all fired up if I get to see dust/mud/strands-of-hair/paper/et-al lying around on the floor that I start losing my sense and blabber. This blabbering has increased post marriage but then I get a deaf-ear most of the times (Su is equally or actually more tolerant to dust/mud/et-al 😛 )…so now you can find me blabbering on my way to find a broom/duster/wipe-cloth. I’m back to normal (???) once the place is devoid of all the supposed grime.
2. Ghost Editor: Any book I happen to read, I start to search for typos and grammatical errors. I may not be the best person eligible to do that job, but then nevertheless I happen to do that. Strangely it doesn’t happen when I read articles online (blogs, news websites, et al)! And if I happen to find typos or errors, I get this urge to mail those book authors about the careless typos or the stupid grammatical errors they have left behind for normal (???) readers like me to digest. But then, so far I’ve managed to suppress that urge! 😛
Btw, I’ve found 2 grammatical errors in “Immortals of Meluha” by Amish and lots of them in the current ‘Indian Author’ crap – How I got my girl back?! by Arshat Chaudary – that I’m reading!
3. Take a bite: When I drink a fruit juice, I need to replace the straws at regular intervals. This is mainly due to the fact that I happen to bite more on n suck less from them! If I sit for 10 mins with a fruit juice, the straw tends to lose its sole purpose of existence thanks to my biting. Anyway, I’ve found a normal (???) solution to it…two actually…one, I either finish off the juice in real quick time or two, I don’t use a straw at all.
Let me not embarrass myself more by sharing all of my “flaws” 😛 but then I was thinking, how it would have been if say for instance I had the below OCDs:
1. Every time I see a beautiful lady – I go to her, take her right hand in mine, look into her eyes and say “You know that you are beautiful, don’t you?”. I wouldn’t mind getting a beat or a blush, cos I’m not willingly doing it. I have OCD! 😛
2. Every time I go to my boss’s chamber and tell him/her to check the latest mail I have sent him/her. The mail would be tagged with ‘High Importance’ and the subject line would read “Your Assignment for Today”! The expression on boss’s face would be priceless, but I wouldn’t be happy or thrilled cos I’m not willingly doing it. I have OCD! 😛
Let me not embarrass myself by sharing all of my “flawed fantasies”!! 😛