There are certain places where and events when we got to put in that extra effort in whatever we ought to do. For instance, smiling at a wedding…especially when it’s your own wedding! 😛
Smiling, they say is infectious. When you smile, do so wholeheartedly!
To all those who are unmarried as yet, here’s a piece of advice from the author’s very own experience:
When you stand on the stage posing for the innumerous photographs being clicked by those fancy flashing instruments, that’s the very moment you need to gain composure, maintain focus and smile…neat and nice!
Note to the bridegroom: You need to smile at your very best dude…as once you get down that stage that day, it’s your new wife who does all the smiling! 😉
Note to the bride: Incase your new hubby is not smiling on stage, read and remind the above note to him.
Now why do we end up giving weird expressions, when all that we are expected to do is give a lovely smile, however fake that it is?!!! Well, there could be reasons like:
a) we are tired of smiling continously.
b) we are bored of it.
c) ok we accept that we are plain and simply lazy.
Or there could be actual reasons like:
i) we don’t know the people who are standing next to us in the group photograph.
ii) we need to save energy for certain activities later 😉
iii) our jaws are paining.
Anyway, when you are on stage…
1) Do not, I repeat DO NOT smile with your eyes closed. You won’t know how much your friends could pull you on seeing that picture at a later stage.
2) Do not smile with your mouth open…it’s technically not smiling at all.
3) Do not smile clenching your teeth…might expose your animal instincts!! 😉
4) Do not smile so weird that it seems you’ve already given up. In short, don’t smile like a loser!
5) Agreed that it’s your big day and that you might be looking stunning, but don’t look stunned. 😀
But then at the end of the day, as I said in the note to the bridegroom above: Only one smiles/laughs at the end of it all. 😛
Anyway…I know that, how much ever we prepare for the big day…we always end up with at least one weird picture of ours on stage, which we would want to change till our very last breath!! 😉 Some things are always out of our control!! 😀