Preeti tagged me some centuries ago, and since there were some wiring problems in the wireless section of my non-existing nervous department I went totally sane and it seemed an inappropriate situation and moment to pay heed to this tag. Nevertheless, the (dis)connection has been restored now and all hell has broken loose.
In short (circuit), I am now going to complete this tag in my own sensible manner. 😀
Two questions in each category answer them and then tag your friends from the blog-o-sphere. (Simple enough right?)
Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and you are all set.
So here I am… Opening wider an ever open mind….
Your oldest memories
My memory is strong when it comes to remembering the names of gals…When it comes to other matters, I cannot assure it to be as authentic!! 🙂
1) Junior school (On each day of me attending 2nd grade: 1991) – I used to love running behind MahaLakshmi…she was a cute mallu…those kajal/surma clad eyes even to this day I can visualize….her smile, made me want to brush my teeth daily…the cocunut (yuck!) oiled hair, used to make me go deewana…and I felt that I was lucky enough to be her friend, to run behind her while playing chor-police…I was always the chor who couldn’t run faster….who wanted MahaLaks to get tired? and why on earth wouldn’t I have liked to get caught by such a cute (‘hot’ was not yet in the syllabus then) policewoman…!! I now wonder as to who she is currently running behind!! MaLaks, if you are reading this…I bet that I still can’t run faster than those days…and ya, I brush my teeth everyday and not just eat the toothpaste!! God promise!! 😀
2) Pre-high school (5th grade: 1994) – It was a 5 minute leisure period…there used to be 6 vacant seats available on the merry-go-round for (25×4=100-48 gals =) 52 boys to catch…ok, let me cut the crap…only about 20 guys were interested in this deadly (read: stupid) dare…so these 20 would run to catch those available 6 seats under the watchful eyes of 4-5 birdies (the special ones)…the unlucky ones would have to push the merry-go-round….ofcourse, what a shame! 😀 On that D-day, I was lucky enough…and when the bell rang indicating the end of the leisure period, I got up to get off the still rotating merry-go-round only for the nail beneath the seat in front of me to poke and rip off flesh of the area just above my right knee cap. Ouch! I didn’t know what had happened…It was only when the birdies fluttered, and my cousin (who was in my class) pointed out, did I see my bloody leg and realize what had just happened.
3) High School (8th-10th: 1997-99): We had a Science cum Mathematics teacher, Salma (Miss, if you are reading this – you are the reason why we cleared high school with flying colors…rest of our antics were all were to hold our concentration intact! :D). Our day started from the time she was dropped by someone (her husband, but those days we never thought of him as her ‘woh’…how could our “Miss” be a “Mrs”?) on a scooter, till she was picked by the same one in the evening…Be it her perfume, her accent, her lecture (ok, her lips moving), her smile when we wished her…maasha allah!! 😀
4) Pre-university college (1999-2001) – I was (wantedly) admitted into an all-guys college…but being surrounded by 3 all-gals colleges didn’t allow me to feel less wild…So it was down the Brigade/MG/Residency roads of Bangalore that me and my friends learnt our most useful lessons in Biology, esp in Human Anatomy!! 😀 During this period, names were not asked…Whats in a name after all?
One gal looking straight into my eyes, had sarcastically dared to utter “Nice hair” refering to my all-curled Sachin Tendulkar like hair…only to be instantly asked “Where?”!! 😉
5) Engineering college (2001-05): Can’t pick a single gal…but there was THAT one!! And every moment around her, was like breathing in that vital oxygen…which moment can I choose? Each one is etched in memory!! 😛
What were you doing ten years ago?
Hmmm….in 1998, I was busy preparing for my 10th grade board exams…I played Truth-n-Dare for the first time on New Year’s eve at a friend’s place…And ya, I was slapped by a cute gal during one of the dares. Happy?? 😈
Your first thought in the morning
It’s 12:10 am as I write this now…So in the last 10 minutes this morning, I was thinking about the truth-n-dare fiasco…why she slapped? how she had slapped? What the slap had done to my cute cheeks? How the touch of her hands would have felt then? And finally what my reaction would have been? All in 10 minutes flat!! But she will be remembered…till the last breath!! 😉
If you build a time capsule what would it contain?
My laptop…a broadband connection…a few books which upgrade themselves after I am done reading…my old diaries…my dear and near ones…my friends…CCD wala vending machine for those thick dark cups of coffee…Series in DvDs like Friends, Prison Break, How I met your mother?, Heroes, American Pies, et al…Lots of chocolates…Health…Peace…Satisfaction…and loads (and cases) of high “spirits”!! 😀
I wouldn’t want to be more geeky than now…
I wouldn’t want to be more sane than now…
I wouldn’t want to be in the same job, city, state as now…
I wouldn’t want to be a year older than now…
I wouldn’t want to be single-n-happy-about-it as now…
I wouldn’t want to be in a position to re-write the above 5 points like now!! 😀
What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?
Well…thats like 2022…added comes to 6…which is a multiple of my lucky number 3. So the year would be good I hope!!!
I would be like soon entering my second teenager year…forty-een!! 😀
Possibly taking piano classes with my 11 year old daughter…surely singing duets with my beloved…mostly bald, hip and happening…hopefully some growth of gray cells is reasonable from my side to expect…Crossed fingers, praying to be healthy with no non-curable ailments like BP, Diabetes and likes…With well developed senses of humor!! 🙂
ISD (My ever dependable International tag bearer!!) 😛
AKB (This is much better than the last one I gave you…since u did that one, I hope u do this too!!!) 😀
Arun (Sketch the tag matey!!) 😀
Suj (The once-in-a-blue-moon blogger…get enlightened with this one!!) 😉