With so many little things happening around, I feel sorry for life…cos it never gets a chance to take rest! Sigh! But I know, its not complaining…only humans like all you guys (I don’t even dare to count myself) got all the rights to crib…ok, I crib too…Ah! That makes me feel so mortal…hehe…
A few ‘tit’bits that now come to mind, as I go about leading my life…
1) I am a Barack Obama supporter…dunno why…he doesn’t even have a hot vice-presidential candidate by his side, I know…but it proves that am no racist…wait a minute, am no white either. One strong reason may be, Barack reminds me of Arrack – the local toddy – which I never have had nor will have! Sheesh, who wants to try something that looks and smells like phenyl mixed in water?!!
Latest way of showing my support to Obama was me replacing my (over) usage of OMG! by OBM…which goes – Oh! Bah! Mah! – Believe me, he’s worth those exclamations!! 😉
2) It’s been a few years since I have turned major (in age only) and have got my rights to vote…I see these ‘Jaago re’ Ads these days, which reminds me that I haven’t voted for nuts…exactly…who would want to vote these nuts?? I vote for one today and before I get back home I get to know of another election in the waiting! In India, I feel exercising one’s vote is more of an addiction than a duty. And let me for now say, I am away from addictions!! 😉
3) Anil Kumble announced his retirement today at the end of the third test against Australia. To the tall leg spinner from my hometown, who never spun the ball…SALUTES! 🙂
4) Now what does the word ‘pervert’ mean? Is doing something which is natural, “being pervert”? For instance, if I look/talk/stare/compare/describe/ogle/drool/mentally-measure (at) a gal who is passing by…makes me a pervert…sheesh…and if I do the same thing when a guy passes by, does it make me a saint?? All said, I love being (and called) pervert!! 😀
5) Food for thought: We need to replace the BULL in front of our BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) with a mannequin of at-least a semi-nude dudette if not a completely nude one (against our Indian culture, if you remember)…even an Eeesha Deeeool one would do….we somehow got to stop the meter from “going down” as and when the SenSex trades. 😛
6) I have been reading this book…like for months now…its interesting and all, but I’m not getting the right mood (err…) to concentrate and read! Went to a friend’s house and asked her to lend me ‘Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand…She said, “I bet you’ll take a year to finish that one…”…and looking at the 500+ page book with miniature fonts, I affirmatively nodded before uttering “small fonts will put more pressure on my eyes, so sometime later”! Not a valid reason I know, but nevertheless.
7) The most common thing we friends buy as gift for a birthday is a book and how do we select the book? Well…say for instance I have to gift someone close, a book…Then…I think of the book which I have planned to read in the near future…and Bingo!! I get it packed and gift it to the friend and while doing so, I reserve it in advance with a “once you are done reading, let me know…”!! And believe me; my friends have exactly the same mindset…F.R.I.E.N.D.S after all…the result of this – well – All your favorite books are owned by your friend and vice versa!! 😀
8) My Motorola Razr V8 turns ONE tomorrow…No major celebrations have been planned…just a plain simple wish, and thats it!! The last time my cell phone turned ONE was tomorrow, last yr. I was in the same jubilant mood as I’ll be tomorrow and in the process happened to toss my Sony Erickson K700i in such a manner and direction that it landed straight in my restroom bucket, which was full to the brim!! Pollllppppp…it drowned to hit the plastic bottom…and was declared dead on arrival at the nearest service station. It looked so fresh and good post death that it was proved to be worth 2500 bucks during exchange. May it rest in peace! 🙂
9) Too many cooks spoil the broth, said someone…and it’s being proved right at my flat…We are 4 of us, and we come together from 4 different ways of life…one a typical Tamilian, one a typical Kannadiga, one a typical Muslim and one a very typical alien, ME!! If one of us cooks, the rest eat without complaining…they think ‘oh this is how he and family like their food to be’! If more than one of us get together to cook, it gets to the crap and loads of cribbing happens…one finds the salt less, two finds the spice more while the third fella declares to take over the kitchen next!!
10) I am done with all that I had in mind…but somehow the mind said, ‘Stopping at 9? You gotta be kidding me!’. It made me think for a while, as to what else can I put up here that has touched me so much…Then it stuck…I’ll tell you about my latest addiction…no, not sighting gals…not beer too…common, those are now hobbies…My latest addiction has been watching err…no…not THAT either…it’s been watching “How I met your Mother?”…it was Prison Break and Heroes prior to this…but the latest one has made me behave like Barney, the loon, fall in love with Robin, the hot news reporter and follow the life of Ted Mosby, the architect. Hope one day, I’ll be able to tell my kids…how I met their mother! 😉
So my friends, till life continues to play on…I will write on…waiting for more to happen…till then, Alvida!! 🙂