There are somethings in life that are very important to know..and on the other hand, there are my posts…All I do is rant, ramble and anything not even remotely close to rocket science!! 😛
Well…as a matter of fact, I had been busy all this week to think of something to write…now my friends will never believe that I can get busy, especially with work that is…but they will also not believe that I need some free time to think of something crazy to write…else as you have seen, I write condolence like posts like the one I wrote about Saurav ‘Dada’ Ganguly…some were even kind even to mourn..err…comment!! 😀
Anyways…all said and done, today I decided that I will post something or the other and fill some server space with my junk..!!! Well…let me update you about the going ons in my life, assuming from my vacuum like top floor that you guys are interested to read it…
1. In the building that I live in, there are 2 flats and a terrace on my floor…apart from the 2BHK flat that I live in, the other flat is a PG (Paying Guest) for gurrrlls…8 of them altogether…Now thats all ok..nothing much happens as the owner of the PG I heard is a very rugged person (still not sure if that one is a male or a female…sigh!)…anyways, coming to the point…Every morning as I get up quite early around 8, I have this habit of picking up the newspaper…and the first thing I get to see on opening the door are the under-garments of the gurrls hanging on the first string facing my flt in the open terrace…what a way to start the morning…sheesh…now you can guess how I know there are 8 gurrls in there!! I hate myself!! 😉
2. Jerry in the last 2 weeks has grown big…saala…what he eats everything that we leave in the kitchen at night…even water bottles are not spared….He (or is it she?) doesnt come out of the kitchen, mainly because 1) we close the kitchen door when we are not using it and 2) we are always outside the kitchen making more noise than any other kid in the neighbourhood! Today I was singing aloud a customized song “Here’s the party tonight”…as an invitee to Jerry…Mortein rat kill, is the delicacy tonight for our uninvited dear dost!! RIP! Hmmph!!
3. How about having a set of parents who go morning to evening (say on a holiday) like – Get up you idiot, its 6am…Be on the table by 7 30am, else no breakfast…No using cell phone at home in the morning…No watching TV….No surfing the net…Ah! you read books in daytime, what a waste of time…Its 11 30 am, come for lunch…hey no singing in the house at noon…No sleeping, its just 2pm…OMG, its 3pm go take a nap…Hello its 4pm, time for tea…No internet now…Want to watch TV? gimme the remote….No listening to music after sunset…its 8pm, dinner time…ok surf the net, but only till 9 30pm…its 10pm, go to bed – phew…I may be exaggerating, but I have a friend who’s parents use 80% if not all of the commands that I have stated…daily and religiously!! My friend, god knows how was born and bought up…a total opposite of the parents…all credits and hats off for still managing to survive in that environment!! Phew!!
4. I am not writing CAT this year…no worries, as anyways IIM is not suitable for someone like me…I can’t deal with pressure as I am of the happy go lucky types…someone would someday be grateful that I decided not to write CAT and inturn helped someone who deserved to get into IIMs one competitor less!!! Why am I not writing? Well, my cousin is getting married on Nov 16th at Mangalore, and my CAT center is Bangalore…the distance (360 kms) and time wont allow me to be at both places on the same day! And CAT happens every year, not that marriage!! 😀
5. I am travelling by train tomorrow night…a direct one to Mangalore…16 hours journey from here…and I have no hopes of a PYT (pretty young thing) being even in the vicinity of my berth…I dunno whats wrong with me, but almost since a year whenever I train travel (usually 4 rides a month between Chennai and Bangalore) no PYT seems to be visible on the railway chart near my name!! Its always someone who is like 60+ and if its a woman, she seems to be no less than 65+!! Sigh!!
But I can’t hide the excitement of train travelling….being an optimist, am expecting some YT at least…P is no longer the criteria….Beggars can’t be the choosers, can they?? 😦
Well…lets see what happens…
So my dear friends, I will be off the Blogging circuit till next wednesday!! Miss me, and not my posts (they are worth less…not that I am)!! 😆